Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kids.

This past weekend I went to the last wedding of the summer in Ohio. I love weddings for many reasons, but somehow the dancing always comes out on top. Being able to celebrate the love that Elizabeth and Paul have for each other and for the Lord with close friends was so much fun... especially on the dance floor. Being to eight weddings this summer, I have seen and participated in my share of dancing at the receptions. My favorite part is not the bouquet toss, not the "daddy daughter dance", not the last dance of the night... NO... It is the dance moves that are pulled out by those 10 and under. I LOVE watching kids dance! This last wedding topped it all! During the first dance of the night I noticed out of the corner of my eye, four little girls between the ages of 4 and 5 dancing their hearts out underneath the trees. Immediately I joined them. At first they didn't know what to make of me, but I was thankful that they accepted me into their group. I had more fun with them that night than with anyone else. If you were there, don't be offended... it's just the truth!

So this afternoon, I see on my cellphone that I have a voice mail from the Jackie Levi, mother of the bride. This is what she said...

"Hi Laura, this is Mrs. Levi, I have a message for you. Um, the little girls you were dancing with at the wedding, the one little girl named Brooke, she wanted to know your name and who you were. She said that when she gets married she wants to have her wedding at the same place as Elizabeth's and she wants to invite you. So she asked me to find out who you were. I thought that was the cutest thing. So I thought you'd get a kick out of that. If you want to call me back that's great, if not, be touched. Little kids have a way of blessing us...."

That sealed the deal. I could not have had a better time dancing my heart out with four little girls under the trees in Ohio! My favorite moves happened to this song... My exact words were, "Oh my gosh, you guys are KIDS! Let's dance!" I wish I had video, but all I have is the picture in my mind :)

No comments: