Monday, October 25, 2010

S.I.X. spells six.

The sixth thing I love about the fall season are the HOLIDAYS.
Halloween and Thanksgiving!

a brief history: Halloween is fun because of three things.
A. The excuse to eat a lot of candy
2. The constumes... and
D. Carving pumpkins

Every year I watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
In years past I have dressed up as Strawberry Shortcake, Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz, Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast, a pack of plain M&Ms, a fifty's girl in a poodle skirt, a fat clown, a brick... yes that's right, you didn't read that wrong, a brick, and last but not least...
THIS, an Ipod advertisement.



Still not sure if I am going to be dressing up this year or not... right now, I have not been given a reason to do so. But I do have to dress up for school on Friday. The teaching staff in our class room are going to be the "Spice Girls." I am going as nutmeg... Get it?!

and now, for the best Holiday, minus Christmas and Easter... Thanksgiving!
prepare yourself for the "kolmodin" traditions...

First and foremost, we always have Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family, and even though all of us kids are grown adults now, we STILL have a kids table and during the meal, we laugh till our stomachs hurt.
Nana makes her famous, mashed potatoes. You haven't lived until you've tasted these!
There is always turkey, green bean casserole, my mom's sweet potatoes, dill pickles, herring (yuck!), and PUMPKIN PIE.
Then to start the Christmas season off right, our family all sits down and watches Home Alone. By this point we all could probably quote the movie, but hey, it's tradition.

Scenes such as these come to mind...





And so MANY more...

No comments: