Sunday, November 14, 2010

Twenty Four

Today is my day of birth! Here's to the past 24 years! I lived with a very dear friend for two years and she used to make me tell her things I liked about the year prior, adding up to the amount of years I had been alive. This year equals 24 things, in no particular order... Y'all ready for this?!

1. Being introduced to the fish and chips at "Duke of Perth" by Lewis & Keith when they were visiting from Korea in January... feels like forever ago!

2. Early morning opening shifts with my dear friends at Intelligentsia. Blastin the jams, and hitting on the milk man, and laughing at things that are only funny when you have woken up before the sun.

3. Meeting Sam Rauschenberg, the man who has blessed my friend Hannah by becoming her husband. Although I am sad he was not convinced that U of C was the school for him, it was a fun weekend in February!

4. Being able to support my cousin and her husband Jimmy in their decision to marry. What a beautiful wedding, and an unforgettable time on the dance floor!

5. Swing dancing at the Green Mill with an older man who looked oddly familiar, then playing music in church on Sunday and recognizing him within the congregation!

6. Road tripping to Georgia with my Mom in August.

7. While we are on the subject, the Rauschenberg wedding! What a beautiful picture on LOVE! I am so grateful for you Hannah and Sam!

8. Road tripping to Minnesota with Stod, thinking that the car had broken down, but really the 4 wheel drive had been turned on accidentally.

9. Being a part of Brooke and Chad's wedding. I am so grateful for friends like them :)

10. Road tripping with Elle and Paul through Wisconsin to Minnesota for the Covert wedding. Me in the back seat on the lookout for my "favorite spot in Wisconsin" that I never ended up actually finding.

11. The Covert wedding, catching the bouquet, showing off on the dance floor with a guy I have never met, and winning the raffle too! What a fun weekend with great friends!

12. Kevin and Susan getting married!

13. Having the honor of playing music at my friend Andrew's wedding, and being able to get to know his sweet wife Christianna more because of it! Love the Whitakers :)

14. Serving Ron Howard coffee at Intelligentsia.

15. Lunches with Juliet at "Infields" after an opening shift.

16. Being able to witness Nate and Jamie Abbitt's marriage. It was an incredible day, even if everyone was sweating through their shirt ;)

17. The entirety of the Paul Davis/Elizabeth Levi wedding weekend. So many great memories and things to be grateful for because of that weekend :)

18. Going camping with my cousin Mandy in Wisconsin.

19. The Holiday Season, the traditions that come with it, and getting to spend time with my wonderful family!

20. The way I have grown due to the incredible church I am able to be a part of at Lincoln Square Presbyterian Church. I am truly grateful for the body of Christ!

21. Fun times with Adam, Natalie, and Amy in the pool when they came to visit me after I moved to the suburbs this summer... especially our sleepovers!

22. Getting to know the Dockery's better, and finding out that Sarah is pregnant!! Can't wait!

23. Laurbor Day 2010!

24. Finishing a 550 piece puzzle with my friend Andrea in 3 and a half hours... all the while, singing show tunes or making up our own show tunes.

It has been a really great year! I am looking forward to the next, and am continually grateful for each day the Lord allows me to live, and how he blesses me beyond measure because of his incomprehensible grace and love I am given through Jesus Christ my Lord.

No comments: