Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Tradition


Each year on Christmas Eve, for as long as I can remember, and probably beyond that, my family has went to my Grandparent's church. This year was a little different because the family wasn't all there, but those of us that could make it still went. Something about the service and being with my family always refreshes my soul. This year was no different. There was laughter in the pew due to the fact that my cousin's three year old son farted. There were smiles while watching the kids sing "Away In A Manger." There was the lighting of the candles while singing, " Born In The Night, Mary's Child"/"Silent Night." And there was the wishing of those closest a Merry Christmas, knowing that we had seen one more Christmas together as a family. My grandma turned 85 today, and my grandfather is nearly 90. Each year, the truth of the fact that this could be our last Christmas spent with them makes me a little sad, yet I have peace in the fact that there is redemption and eternal life through our Savior, Christ the Lord, and we will one day all rejoice and praise God for his salvation again, forever! I hope that you too were refreshed and encouraged by your family this Christmas and that the peace of Christ would rule in your heart. He has made a way for us. He has redeemed us, and made us whole. It is my hope that you know this Savior, born to die so we may be made right before God.
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son of God the Father, full of grace and truth. Jn 1.14
A very Merry Christmas to you my friends!

No comments: