Thursday, December 16, 2010

two posts for two days...


As dedicated as I try to be, I somehow always fall behind with this blogging every day until Christmas thing I've got going here. My dog Mocha had to be put to sleep on Tuesday and that has really thrown me these past couple of days. Also, my grandma had a heart attack about two weeks ago... on top of that it is CHRISTMAS time and in general... that just produces busy times around here. I don't mind the busy times, but sometimes it is just nice to relax and enjoy the smells and sounds of the season. Last night I made fudge... which I try to make every year. I couldn't pass up the opportunity... all the ingredients were on sale at Jewel. Here is the recipe that I used. Grab your candy thermometer and start stirring!!


Never Fail Fudge

  • 2 1/2 c. sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 stick butter or margarine
  • 5 oz. can evaporated milk (2/3 c.)
  • 1 Jar (7 1/2oz) Marshmallow Fluff
  • 3/4 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 12-oz. package semi-sweet chocolate pieces
  • 1 /2 c. chopped walnuts
Grease a 9-inch square baking pan; set aside. In large saucepan combine the first 5 ingredients. Stir over low heat until blended. Increase heat to Medium and bring to a full-rolling boil being careful not to mistake escaping air bubbles for boiling. Boil slowly, stirring constantly for 5 minutes (use Soft-Ball test). Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and chocolate until chocolate is melted. Add nuts. Turn into greased pan and cool. Makes 2 1/2 pounds.

Hint: As with all fudge recipes, cooking time will vary depending on factors such as humidity and altitude. For best results, use the softball test to make sure the fudge has been cooked enough. The softball test can be found in any cookbook and on our website under frequently asked question (FAQ's).



A Charlie Brown Christmas


Tonight I plan to knit, drink some hot cocoa, and watch
A Charlie Brown Christmas...
Christmas Time is Here.




No comments: