Monday, December 20, 2010

where did the past three days go?

I feel as if I have been busy, but I was busy with a bunch of amazing things. Let's start with Saturday...

It being the first official day of my Christmas Break, I stayed in my pajamas until about 4pm and sat around, drank coffee, read, chatted with my parents, and knitted some Christmas gifts. Then I headed up to the city for the Christmas party I always anticipate. I picked up Krista from work and we ran into some great people, at a great party, and you guessed it, had a GREAT time. It was so relaxing and fun to kick back and talk with good friends, catch up with those I had not seen for quite sometime, learn how to make a tamale from Joel Miller (who may be one of the best non-professional chefs I know), and drink some tasty Glüg.

Sunday was the Lessons and Carols service at church. I love this service because it throws me head first into all the things that make Christmas so wonderful. Then I was able to have some incredible fellowship with friends from church. We had the annual potluck lunch with a tasty array of soups... my favorite was the Roasted Ginger Pear Squash soup. FANTASTIC... still dreaming about it as I type. Then I took a nap, and I don't remember the last time I took one of those. After the nap, I got to spend time with my dear friend Sarah, who never ceases to set me straight and point me back to my Savior. LOVE HER! Then we had an amazing night of small group, and to top it all off, my friend Amy Buer got ENGAGED! So, you see, it could not have been a better weekend.



If you are still with me, I would love to tell you about today. It snowed, and not just a little, but a GIANT snow storm. I love it because you look out your window, and the tree limbs are caked with snow; the wind swirls the flakes as they fall to the ground, and I get to just sit back and watch as I sip hot cocoa.

No comments: