Saturday, April 30, 2011

We Have Waited...

Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us.
This is the LORD; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
~Isaiah 25:9


How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds...

how sweet the name of Jesus sounds
in a believer's ear!
it soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
and drives away his fear.

it makes the wounded spirit whole,
and calms the troubled breast:
'tis manna to the hungry soul,
and to the weary, rest.

Jesus, my Savior, shepherd, friend,
my prophet, priest, and king,
my Lord, my life, my way, my end,
accept the praise I bring.

weak is the effort of my heart,
and cold my warmest thought;
but when I see thee as thou art,
I'll praise thee as I ought.

till then I would thy love proclaim
with every fleeting breath;
and may the music of thy name
refresh my soul in death.
John Newton 1725-1807


there is great hope in the fact that Jesus has ransomed us back to God... while we were still sinners(rom. 5:8). true grace and mercy is displayed at the cross by my Savior. i have been meditating on this wonderful thought this past week. let us be glad, and rejoice in such a salvation!






No comments: