Wednesday, August 17, 2011

he gone.


one of my very good friend's dog's died today. why is it that we can get so close to a dog, but find it hard to get close to humans? sometimes i feel i was closer to my dog mocha than i am to some of my friends here on earth. is that wrong? is that weird? i think that it is something uniquely special about the God given role we have as human beings. i remember going on this long road trip as a kid and listening to the phyllis reynolds naylor book Shiloh on tape. i will never forget when i heard marty say... "Truth is, about everything reminds me of Shiloh. You once get a dog to look at you the way Shiloh looked at me, you don't forget it." it's so true. there is something really special about a dog/human friendship. they are so loyal, gentle, kind, and such great listeners... no matter what. maybe it's the fact they can't talk back, so you always get just what you need from their comforting silent response... all that to say, Winston, you were the pug that redeemed the breed for me. you'll be missed, you and your little leopard print bed :)

No comments: