Saturday, September 17, 2011

memories.


I think quite often I take for granted the fact that I can sit down and think back to a wonderful experience I have had. Some people do not have that luxury. To me, a fond memory is something to be treasured, guarded, and frequented. Today, I sit and I remember one year ago. The excitement that welled within so many as the wedding approached. Two dear friends coming together to do life and show the world an excellent picture of the love of Christ and the love He has for His church. I am grateful for the joy that was expressed by so many as two became one. I am grateful for the continuing of that love, the growth, and the overflow; how it has been used as an instrument to touch so many this past year. I am grateful for the laughter and dancing that was so deeply enjoyed. I am grateful for the friends I have in Elizabeth and Paul Davis. I am grateful for the love they have for each other, for their Lord, and for His body. I am grateful for the memory of September 17, 2010. What an excellent day.

No comments: