Friday, October 21, 2011

Ruff and Tumble...


I think this may have been one of the hardest weeks of my life. No one died, no one even got hurt, but so much happened, so much needs to be processed, and so little sleep has occurred. Through it all, I am so grateful for the peace of Christ that has dwelt within me richly. I have never needed this peace more. I am amazed at the love that God has for His children. I am amazed by the extent of the fall of creation. Sometimes when life is going as we want it to, all seems to be falling into place, a reminder that this Earth is fallen slaps me in the face. And then that love and peace I was talking about mixes with the ultimate grace Jesus extended in his death and resurrection, and amidst the chaos, I am still, for I know that He is God.

If I did not have this truth ingrained so deep within, I would have been as a leaf, fallen from the tree; sitting upon the earth, awaiting the cold, the barrenness, and the death.

Yet there is reassuring hope in my Savior who has made me whole and guides me through unsearchable circumstances.

No comments: