Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Harry Potter in October.


For those of you that I have not told... I am going to read the Harry Potter book series in its entirety during the month of October. I just finished the first book today.

Whenever anything gets big really fast, I tend to shy away from it. It's that same feeling you get when all of your friends are telling you to go see the same movie over an over because it was "the funniest thing they have ever seen," or "you will be laughing the whole way through," or "you will laugh so hard your stomach will hurt." I tend to shy away from it because what if I don't think it is funny, what if I don't laugh the whole way through, and what if my stomach never reaches the said "hurting" point?!? So much pressure to like it! So much pressure to LAUGH!

BUT, despite these feelings of hesitation, I am tackling JK Rowling and her books on Potter. You should be happy to know I finished the first one in a matter of hours, and it was really well written, it was exciting, it kept me in suspense, and I even cried a little. I am excited to see how this storyline develops... DON'T LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG! I want to be surprised :)

No comments: