Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What are these silly bandz you speak of...?


I know, I know... you are probably thinking, "Really Laura, you haven't heard of silly bandz?" I had seen them once at a Walgreen's store, but I glanced right past them. I also had heard stories of bracelets the kids were into these days that reform into a shape after you remove them from your wrist. So I am a little behind the times... you don't have to go all Franck on me and say, "Well, welcome to the 90's Mr. Bonks!"

This afternoon, I went to meet the kids that I will be babysitting every so often. The youngest little girl had bracelets half way up her arm, so I said, "I like your bracelets..." She responded, "Thanks they are silly bandz!!" I said, "Are those the bracelets that turn into something when you take them off?" She goes, "Yeah look, a bowl of popcorn!" She removed it and it looked like a sheep to me, but she insisted that it was a bowl of popcorn. Then she put it on my wrist. After that she took of another one, "This one is a pink pig. Here you can have it too." "Thanks!" I said.

So here I sit with two silly bandz on my wrist. I somehow feel a part of something huge... like I have been initiated into some secret society, or like I was picked by the "cool kids" to be a part of their club.

No comments: