Monday, November 1, 2010

New Wave November.

This month is the best month.

Things to look forward to...

The first snow :)
Raking leaves
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Crisp
My Birthday
Thanksgiving
Nana's Potatoes
Parades
Home Alone
Family
Black Friday Sales
Christmas Music
Christmas Decorations

Now, even better... New Wave playlist for the month of November.
New Wave November
1. Tainted Love- Soft Cell
2. We Belong- Pat Benatar
3. West End Girls- Pet Shop Boys
4. The Promise- When In Rome
5. Break My Stride- Matthew Wilder
6. Don't You Want Me- The Human League
7. Bizarre Love Triangle- New Order
8. Take My Breath Away- Berlin
9. Pump It Up- Elvis Costello
10. The Safety Dance- Men Without Hats
11. I Melt With You- Modern English
12. Friday I'm In Love- The Cure
13. Come On Eileen- Dexy's Midnight Runners
14. Once In A Lifetime- Talking Heads
15. Don't You (Forget About Me)- Simple Minds
16. Love Is A Battlefield- Pat Benatar
17. It Doesn't Have To Be- Erasure
18. Message In A Bottle- The Police
19. Blue Monday- New Order
20. Let's Dance- David Bowie
21. Train In Vain- The Clash
22. Telephone (Pick Up The)- The Flirts
23. Faith- George Michael
24. The King Of Wishful Thinking- Go West
25. Last Christmas- Wham!
26. Just Can't Get Enough- Depeche Mode
27. Take Me Home- Phil Collins
28. Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want- The Smiths
29. Situation- Yaz
30. Always Something There To Remind Me- Naked Eyes


**My top five on the playlist are**
Come on Eileen
Last Christmas
Faith
Bizarre Love Triangle
We Belong

A little back history here... For those of you that don't know, my older brother, Mark and I got into New Wave music back when we were in high school thanks to a man named Jeff Pokryfke. The man is obsessed, and due to that obsession, my ears are forever blessed :)

But seriously, I can't get enough synth pop, electronic claps, crazy vibrato, spoken lyrics, guys in falsetto, and drum machine beats! Mark and I took it upon ourselves to write a few songs ourselves because we were so inspired by bands such as Pet Shop Boys, Yaz, New Order, and The Flirts. Here is the song that became our HIT among the local youth groups back in the day.






No comments: